It can be hard to be on a diet, whether it’s by choice or because of allergies. Feeling like you are missing out or that the choice of what you eat is not under your control, can be very difficult. I also believe that this restriction can make you crave things strongly…even things you don’t normally enjoy that much… or maybe have never even tried! So as the last few days of January, and therefore the paleo challenge, linger cruelly, I thought I would try to curb one of those cravings with a batch of snickerdoodles. Mind you, this is a grain-free, vegan, no sugar added version of the cookie, but it’s also guilt free and can be adjusted to make them a little more indulgent and to fit a variety of diets.
4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2-3 tablespoons raw coconut crystals or sugar (optional– I omitted)
2-3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together melted coconut oil, vanilla and sugar (or sugar substitute).
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until just combined.
- Combine topping ingredients in a small dish/plate. Roll dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in cinnamon coating mixture.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and lightly press flat using the bottom of a glass or mason jar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet.
- Store cookies in airtight container in the fridge…. if they last that long.